Monday, September 3, 2012

Why Croatia?

Standing of a bluff overlooking the North Sea in Denmark

Sometimes it's the simplest things.  Rita and I spent last Christmas with her parents in a lovely cabin situated on a bluff that overlooks the North Sea in Denmark.  It was a neutral location to ensure all of us would be able to experience a relaxing vacation together.  One of the evenings Rita and her parents were watching a German TV program while I was lying on the couch listening to music on my headphones and reading.  I got up to make some tea and noticed the TV program was showing an amazing coastal city.  As I kept watching  it started to show some spectacular natural waterfalls and forests.  I asked Rita where this was and she said Croatia.  Right there and then it was decided we had to go and explore this historic and beautiful country.  The timing was perfect as we were going to London in mid September to participate in my Cousin's daughters wedding and could extend our stay to include a visit to Croatia.  Also, Rita and I had been to Venice during the early years of our courtship when we were both based in Europe.  It was such a wonderful experience that we had promised ourselves to return one day.  So we will fly from London to Venice for a four day stopover before taking the Ferry across the Adriatic Sea to Rovinj in northern Croatia.   

No comments:

Post a Comment